How to Plan a Funeral
Grief & Guidance
Use the form above to find your loved one. You can search using the name of your loved one, or any family name for current or past services entrusted to our firm.Click here to view all obituaries
When faced with a loss, many confront the question with regards to how to plan a funeral, “where do I start?” It can be rather confusing, stressful, and overwhelming to plan a funeral. However, we are here to offer you a funeral planning guide in the form of a checklist to avoid that defeat. We will assist with every step, until the file is closed and you are comfortable with choices. We strive to be the number one funeral home in Fort Worth, and our compassion and dedication reflect that. Typically the first decision to be made is that of burial vs cremation followed by the choice of a traditional funeral or a memorial service. Also consider creating a list of who will be in attendance. These details will be especially useful for the initial meeting with the funeral home.
1. Final Disposition Options – With so many options, it can get overwhelming to make a confident decision. We will explain each option carefully and in a respectful approach and make sure your loved one receives the highest standard of care.
2. The Type of Ceremony – There are various types of ceremonies from very traditional funerals to a more personalized celebration of life. Whichever you choose, we will plan, arrange and make sure your loved one is loved one's final goodbye captures the life that was lived and allows your family to start the healing process.
3. Information Gathering – It is vital that all the necessary information is gathered from you and your family. We will assist in this process and make sure nothing is missed so that you can spend more time with your family to start the healing process.
4. Selecting Memorial Items – We offer a variety of memorial items that help commemorate your loved one’s life including caskets, urns, flowers, and memorial DVDs.
5. The Logistics – We plan and ensure all the details of the funeral run smoothly such as the valet pick up for the family and the transportation of the remains.
6. Financial Options – The cost of a funeral can be daunting. We will help you figure out the most cost-effective services for your budget, and make sure there are no additional and hidden costs.
7. Settle & Finalize the Arrangements – Once you are satisfied with your choices and are clear on the options you selected, we will create a permanent file for you. This is especially critical if you are looking into pre-planning for yourself or another family member.