How to Plan a Funeral
Funeral Planning Services - Fort Worth, Azle & Surrounding Area
When faced with a loss, many confront the question with regards to how to plan a funeral, “where do I start?” It can be rather confusing, stressful, and overwhelming to plan a funeral. However, we are here to offer you a funeral planning guide in the form of a checklist to avoid that defeat. We will assist with every step, until the file is closed and you are comfortable with choices. We strive to be the number one funeral home in Fort Worth, and our compassion and dedication reflect that. Typically the first decision to be made is that of burial vs cremation followed by the choice of a traditional funeral or a memorial service. Also consider creating a list of who will be in attendance. These details will be especially useful for the initial meeting with the funeral home.
Funeral Planning Guide
1. Final Disposition Options – With so many options, it can get overwhelming to make a confident decision. We will explain each option carefully and in a respectful approach and make sure your loved one receives the highest standard of care.
2. The Type of Ceremony – There are various types of ceremonies from very traditional funerals to a more personalized celebration of life. Whichever you choose, we will plan, arrange and make sure your loved one is loved one's final goodbye captures the life that was lived and allows your family to start the healing process.
3. Information Gathering – It is vital that all the necessary information is gathered from you and your family. We will assist in this process and make sure nothing is missed so that you can spend more time with your family to start the healing process.
4. Selecting Memorial Items – We offer a variety of memorial items that help commemorate your loved one’s life including caskets, urns, flowers, and memorial DVDs.
5. The Logistics – We plan and ensure all the details of the funeral run smoothly such as the valet pick up for the family and the transportation of the remains.
6. Financial Options – The cost of a funeral can be daunting. We will help you figure out the most cost-effective services for your budget, and make sure there are no additional and hidden costs.
7. Settle & Finalize the Arrangements – Once you are satisfied with your choices and are clear on the options you selected, we will create a permanent file for you. This is especially critical if you are looking into pre-planning for yourself or another family member.
Preparing For a Funeral Service
What is involved in preparing for a funeral service? The specific details largely depend on whether you are a member of the immediate or extended family, or simply a guest. Learn more about preparing for a funeral in this section of our website.
How to Plan a Cremation Service
Choosing cremation doesn't mean there can't be a remembrance service. Learn how to plan for the memorialization of a loved one through ceremony and remembrance.
How to Plan-a-Celebration of Life
Because it's an opportunity to showcase someone's unique life story and achievements, today's celebration-of-life is a deeply personal event. If you think such an event is the right choice for your situation, here's what should know about planning celebrations-of-life.
Funeral Service Trends
Today's families can choose from a wide variety of funeral services ranging from the traditional to a more personalized celebration-of-life. In this section, we invite you to learn more about the change in funeral service trends.